Monday, November 5, 2012

Time to Breathe....

Halloween is over, November is here. We have another daylight savings time set back behind us. Now time for shorter days. I feel like I can finally breathe. My life is no less hectic, but I always feel like November is my calm before the storm. My time to calm down, settle into the season.  We are still busy with school stuff, 4H stuff, Craft fairs and everyday life, but still, things feel calmer. Today is a day for laundry and catching up on my crochet project. A scarf. I will post later. Until then, enjoy this yummy recipe I am going to attempt today. 

Have a great day!

 
Pull-Apart Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread with Buttered Rum Glaze
(Adapted from Willow Bird Baking)
Ingredients
Bread
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup milk
2 1/4 teaspoons (1 envelope) active dry yeast
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups bread flour
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
Buttered Rum Glaze
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/8 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp milk
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp rum *
*The recipe I used called for just a 1/4 tsp of rum but I really wanted to be able to taste the rum, so I upped it to a full tablespoon. It was just right for my taste, adding a nice warmth to the glaze. If you’re not into rum you can sub a teaspoon of vanilla extract.

No comments:

Post a Comment