Saturday, November 24, 2012

New Obsession... Photo Books

I have a new obsession. Yesterday, while black friday shopping. I wandered into Oshkosh. (no, buying clothes for my kids is not a new obsession. I have always had that one). When I checked out, the cashier gave me a gift from Oshkosh. It was a free 8x8 photo book from Shutterfly. Now at the time I really didnt pay much attention, grabbed my bag and headed out. When I got home I unpacked everything, put stuff away, messed around, and finally I unloaded the pants I bought the girls. I grabbed the random receipts and coupons and placed them into a pile and then finally looked at the little Shutterfly card. WOW! It was then after reading it that I realized this was a $30.00 value. I couldn't believe it. 
 
Now this is where the obsession comes in. I went onto their site and after uploading my pics, I picked a template and clicked on insert pictures and it did it all for me. All I had to do was enter my captions, quotes and place embelishments and order. I LOVED IT. 
 
I have always been an old fashioned scrapbooker. But now. I have a wonderful 20 page book of our Fall pictures which are by far my favorite. 
 
I figured out the cost. And if you purchase a book when they are 50% OFF like they are now, then it is cheaper than buying all the products and ordering the pictures for an old style book. 
 
Something to think about. 
 
So for now, I will be building books in my saved projects and when the price is right I will order them. Sometime technology can be pretty great. 
 
Hope your Saturday is great!
 
: )

No comments:

Post a Comment