Tuesday, January 17, 2017

My Daughter the Artist


Good Morning!

This weekend my daughter drew this picture. She sat down, got out her supplies with the intent to draw something to enter into a local art show. The pictures will be sold and 50% of the proceeds go to the local shelters. She loves animals and thought this would be a good cause. As you can see, the results are breathtaking.

She is 12.

I have never been so proud of her. What makes me proud is not her ability to draw, paint, sketch or whatever she puts her mind to. What makes me proud of her is realization that the critics in this world will judge her. They will question her ability. They will grill her on her technique and belittle her process. Adults who should be encouraging. 

I am thankful that she is surrounded by positive adults, positive role models that encourage her. So that when we go to the art show, she will stand up, hold her head high, and explain in her calm, confident way, exactly what her process is, and why she chose the medium that she did. 

Because of this, and so much more, I know she will go far to reach her goals in life. She is an Artist. And I am so very proud!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment