Thursday, January 5, 2017

Insta-pot Pressure Cooker Chicken Quarters




Good Morning!
Last night I cooked Chicken quarters in my Insta-pot Pressure cooker. YUM!
They turned out perfect. 
We got a great deal on Chicken quarters yesterday and I debated on whether to cook them in the oven in a trusty cooking bag or try the pressure cooker. I have only used it for roasts up to this point. But I decided after much internet research, to try it. 
I love this machine. 
Here is what I did:
1. add a tsp oil to pot
2. generously season each quarter (mine were pre-seasoned, but I added some salt and pepper as well)
3. Brown each quarter, both sides
4. after all pieces are browned, add onion to the pot with left over oil, cook for a bit till onion see through.
5. Mix together 1 1/2 cup of water, Tbsp of Apple cider vinegar, and I added a Tbsp of Chicken Boullion powder. 
6. Pour into pot, add chicken, close up pot.
Pressurize and select your chicken setting.
7. Cook for 30 min. Check after 30, if not tender enough, cook for 10 more minutes. 
Serve.
So good!
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment