Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Peppermint Bark... YUM

I have been getting some baking done today and have wanted to make Peppermint bark for a while now. I finally got to it and I have to say it was easy and lots of fun...

First melt 2 bags of chocolate chips in microwave until smooth... (2 minutes for me)...


Pour onto a baking sheet coated with wax paper... smooth out. Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to harden...

smash up some peppermint candy... (great for taking out any frustration)... I use a wooden spoon, but you could probably use a rolling pin...

Take chilled chocolate out of fridge, top with melted white chocolate chips (prepare the same way as the brown chocolate chips, 2 bags as well) , smooth out...


Sprinkle with peppermint pieces... place back into fridge to chill, about another 30 minutes... until hard...

Remove from fridge and break into pieces... I just used my hands to break, but you could probably use a hammer or other tool...

Display in a pretty jar with ribbon.... so festive!
(Since this is not tempered chocolate, its is a good idea to store in the refrigerator.)
YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment