Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Happy Little Crochet Pumpkins....





Hello! 
Happy Wednesday!
Today I am not sure how I feel. I am Happy and content. The sun is shining but there is a definite feel of Fall in the air. There is a cool breeze coming through the Windows and I have my pumpkin candles burning. For the most part I am very happy. 
But there is the small uneasy worrisome mom in me too. My oldest daughter left today on her first overnight field trip with her 6th grade class. 3 days of camping (in cabins), campfires, canoeing, and zip lining. I know she is going to have an amazing time. At the same time Mama is having stress. But I know she's in great hands, so I can relax. Easier said than done. So I will throw myself into house cleaning, baking and crafting. Ha ha.

And on that note, check out my crochet pumpkins. Now I am no crochet expert. And I know there is no way I can explain my process in any way that makes sense. But basically I chain crocheted 6 stitches, looped back into the first to make a circle, then double crocheted around in a spiral until my shape started. About 3-4 rows depending on how big you want t it.

Then I double stitched twice into each hole for about two rows to give it a curve. Then I started skipping hole, this started closing it off gradually. Once you have a small hole in the top, but still big enough to stuff. Fill with stuffing and finish closing it off.

After tying it off, I flipped it over, went outside, found some sticks, and,
Tah-dah!!!

Happy little crochet pumpkins!
Have an awesome day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment